A personal matter means any matter relating to the principal's personal or lifestyle affairs. It includes any legal matter that relates to the principal's personal or lifestyle affairs;
Examples of personal matters are:
- where and with whom the principal lives
- persons with whom the principal associates
- whether the principal works and, if so, the kind and place of work and employer
- whether the principal undertakes education or training, the kind of education or training and the place where it takes place
- daily living issues such as diet and dress
- health care matters, including whether to consent to medical treatment.
A legal matter means use of legal services for the principal's benefit or bringing or defending a legal proceeding or hearing in a court, tribunal or other body on behalf of the principal, including settling a claim before or after a legal proceeding or hearing starts.
Examples of legal matters are:
- The use of legal services to obtain information about the principal's legal rights;
- The use of legal services to make a transaction.